Care and Support Planning
At Applegarth we provide a person-centred approach to care which promotes independence, dignity and choice. Our residents have a care and support plan which is suited to their preferences and needs.
At Applegarth, we provide Person- Centred Care which means that the care we provide our residents are centred around their preferences and needs.
We don’t believe there can be a ‘one size fits all’ approach when it comes to care. We work closely with our residents and their loved ones to develop a plan that reflects our residents needs and choices.
This means we can provide you with the care and support you need while you continue to have choice, dignity and independence.
When you first join Applegarth, we will begin discussing your needs and requirements in order to develop the best care plan to suit you. Our staff take the time to help you and your loved ones articulate what kind of care and support you would like to receive from Applegarth.
Together, we will help you think about:
- What is important to you
- How you would like to be supported
- What you would like to achieve during your stay
This will be written into your care plan, which belongs to you, and will be shared with all our staff.
Together, we will develop a plan which will provide the kind of care and support you want.
Benefits of Person-Centred Care
The benefits of Person-Centred Care are:
- You remain at the centre of your care plan. It is your plan and support will continue to be provided in a way you are comfortable and happy with.
- You retain choice and control over your life and the care that is provided. It is important you continue to be involved with decisions that affect your life so staff will consult with you every step of the way.
- Your care will be developed by you, your loved ones and healthcare professionals at Applegarth so that major decisions that concern your care will be a combined effort.
- You will be treated by a consistent team of staff who are familiar with your care plan. Our staff will fit in with your needs and lifestyle to ensure you get the best kind of care and support.