Care and Support Planning
All of our residents are provided with an individualised care and support plan because we recognise that each resident has different needs and preferences.
Our staff work alongside residents, their loved ones and other healthcare professionals to provide the ideal personalised care to benefit each resident.
At Applegarth, we provide individualised and person-centred care to ensure that all residents are receiving the care and support to suit them.
We don’t believe there can be a ‘one size fits all’ approach when it comes to care. That is why we provide a collaborative approach by working closely with residents, their loved ones and healthcare professionals. This means we can develop a care plan that suits a person’s unique needs and choices.
The benefits of person-centred care are that it places individual needs and values at the centre of their care plans. This means we can provide the care and support you need while you continue to have independence, dignity and quality of life.
When you first join Applegarth, we will begin discussing your needs and requirements in order to develop the best care plan to suit you. Our staff take the time to help you and your loved ones articulate what kind of care and support you would like to receive from Applegarth.
Together, we will help you think about:
- What is important to you
- How you would like to be supported
- What you would like to achieve during your stay
This will be written into your care plan, which belongs to you, and will be shared with all our staff.
Together, we will develop a plan which will provide the kind of care and support you want.
Benefits of Person-Centred Care
The benefits of Person-Centred Care are:
- You remain at the centre of your care plan. It is your plan so support will continue in a way you are comfortable and happy with.
- You maintain choice and control over your life and the care that is provided. It is important you continue to be involved with decisions so our staff will consult with you every step of the way.
- Your care will be developed by you, your loved ones and healthcare professionals so that any major decisions that concern your care will be a combined effort.
- You will be treated by a consistent team of staff who are familiar with your care plan. Our staff will fit in with your needs and lifestyle to ensure you get the best kind of care and support.